what I'm doing, what I'm seeing, what I'm thinking

02/01/2012

Chateau de la Hulpe, Belgium

A misty November day at dusk turned out to be a perfect and atmospheric time to wander through the parkland and formal gardens of this 19th century château near Brussels.
  











Isolated pieces of sculpture in vast open spaces like these have a very powerful resonance.  Imagine some of these views without the focus of sculpture.
















The intense colour of the autumn leaves seemed accentuated against the backdrop of grey mistiness










 











I love the contrast of sculptural, formal hedges with the loose, organic shapes of the trees.






Châteaus and gardens are top favourites of mine - see some of my other posts:

1 comment:

You can follow me on twitter- I'm just sharing images from my massive store!


There was an error in this gadget
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...