what I'm doing, what I'm seeing, what I'm thinking

blog HOME
website www.kathydalwood.com
email: kathy@kathydalwood.com
instagram: kathydalwood
twitter: kathydalwood
subscribe button on side bar

19/04/2011

Plaster busts for Louis Vuitton

Recently my plaster busts were invited to the hottest party in town -
the Louis Vuitton launch event for their 'Double Exposure' film series featuring Sam Taylor Wood. The press launch and special dinner were designed by creme de la creme set designer & event organiser Fiona Leahy who created the entire installation around my busts - all of whom were delighted to attend!

There were 40 busts altogether and 60 place settings at a 20 metre long table.











It was clever how Fiona collected together other random objects like the ones I use on the hats and dipped them in plaster to give them the same look.



Fiona kindly said it was one of her most fun projects - well it was certainly the most cool location my busts have found themselves in to date!























Fiona used my mini-plaster tassels (see below) for the place settings.
Apparently all the dinner guests loved my plaster busts - needless to say, I was thrilled!
See Fiona's blog too.




Here are some of my favourite shots from when Adelina (my intern) and I have taken the busts out and about.






























See the whole collection of plaster busts


4 comments:

  1. How wonderful and exciting. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looove loooove love the table setting! they look beautiful, the shots are really good too.
    Aaah so happy to finally see them! congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great commission Kathy and they do look brilliant lined up along that table!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!!!

    What a stunning use of your sculptures. There will be good things happening from this exposure.

    Congratulations, you deserve it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...